• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mgfernandes
    New User
    • Mar 2015

Use same session to compare different folder pairs

Hi,

I have a script that loads a session which I think is where are stored some custom comparisons (I'm still very new to BC). In the session xml I've commented out the <Specs> <Left> and <Right> tags and I would like to re-use these configurations for several different pairs of folder comparisons.
    What I would like to do is, to call BCompare.exe from the command line with the scripts and the left and right folders as arguments and use the configurations stored on the session to make the comparison and produce a report.

I've tryed this but the comparison doesnt seem to be working since the folders have differences but BCompare.exe returned 0 and the generated report file is the following:
    --- start ---
    Text Compare
    Produced: 16/03/2015 17:02:28

Mode: Differences, Ignoring Unimportant
    Base folder:
    ---end---
    Thanks in advance.
    Cheers,
    Miguel
  • Chris
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

To do this, run Beyond Compare interactively and create a saved session with the settings you want but with empty paths. You can also "Save As" an existing Folder Compare session, then delete the paths from the new session.

In the script, load the saved session without paths first, then issue another load command immediately afterwards.

Example:

load "saved session name"
    load %1 %2

Command line:
    bcompare.exe @c:\script.txt c:\folder1 c:\folder2

Folder1 and folder2 will be loaded by the script, with comparison settings from the saved session.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...