Feature Suggestion: "Next identifier"/"Previous identifier" commands with shortcuts

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nashev
    Visitor
    • Dec 2013

Feature Suggestion: "Next identifier"/"Previous identifier" commands with shortcuts

I very like Ctrl+Alt+Down and Ctrl+Alt+Up shortcuts in my IDE, and will very appreciate if I will to have it Beyond Compare's text editors. This shortcuts allow to very fast navigation through source codes to look all occurences of same identifier. For example, just put cursor at any word, press Ctrl+Alt+Down and cursor goes to next occurrence of this word. Very helpfully!

Please add same commands into Beyond Compare!
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Hopping between grammar items is a neat idea; I'll add that to our Customer Wishlist.

For hoping between a specific word, you can select a word, then Ctrl+F to Find and we will auto-populate the text field with your selection. In fact, if you just click the cursor into the word, we will try to automatically determine the correct text of the word. Find Next can then hop between them.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• nashev
      Visitor
      • Dec 2013

By the way, it very useful to highlight entrances of current word in the text!
      Like it can perform, for example, Notepad++ after double click and Delphi with CnPack

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Thanks for the feedback. Using Find and highlighting all instances is something already on our wishlist; I'll add your notes to our entry on the subject.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...