X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lhasadad
    Expert
    • Apr 2008

Progress Bar display for concurrent transfers

In BC4 when doing a FTP transfer where multiple transfers are enabled in the session profile It would be nice if each of the transfers were able to provide progress. currently the bar shows graphical view of aggregate transfer and text of one of the files being xferred. would be nice if the text were hoverable or something to show progress on all items being xfered.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Each transfer has it's own progress bar in the Folder Compare as it's own pausable queue. Are you not seeing this behavior? Adding more details when hovering is something on our wishlist.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• lhasadad
      Expert
      • Apr 2008

if I am using and FTP profile and I set the profile to do multiple transfers I see one progress bar when I select multiple items but more than one item is actually moving. i don't mind that the bar is the aggregate xfer progress but then it shows a single file name next to the bar when actually multiple files are being xfered at once. not quite sure what the best behavior would be. but would like more info.

one option would be to show a [multi] tag or something and then have the progress show the sent/remaining of the current transfers. but this will tend to bounce around as one xfer completes and possibly another in the group selected starts

if I have 3 concurent transfers configured and select 7 1 gigish files and start the xfer. I believe 3 of the files start xfering then as each finishes and frees a slot for the next in the group of 7. would like some way of knowing how the xfer of the 3 items that are going are EACH progressing.

hope that clears it up.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Ahh, thanks for the extra details. Yes, we do only have one progress bar in this case, and it's part of that wishlist entry to extend to show more detail for that type of transfer. Sorry, I initially thought you were referring to separate Copy actions called.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...