X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dzjay
    Visitor
    • Feb 2015

Newer version crashes on startup!

I'm a long time registered BC user from the Windows world--all the way back from version 1.0--and I've been evaluating the Mac OSX version for a few weeks (it's about time, I love it!). I am about to register a license for Mac but haven't gotten around to it yet; so if that is an impediment to getting support, I'll gladly throw you some cash immediately.

Anyway, the software alerted me of a newer version, it warned that on OSX 8 and later it hangs, so just best download the installer separately--and like a doofus, I went ahead and clicked on "install" anyway! DOH!

It hung, of course, just as warned. Now I can't get the application to run. I completely removed the package, downloaded a fresh new one from your site, and still cannot get the darn thing to run.

I don't see any information in the log console related to Beyond Compare (or perhaps I don't know where to look).

Can someone help getting BC4 back
  • dzjay
    Visitor
    • Feb 2015

By the way, I got off my bum and just registered.

Comment

• dzjay
      Visitor
      • Feb 2015

Hmm... I just restarted my computer, re-installed the version from the web site, and now it all works. I'm sorry for the false alarm.

Everything's well with the world now.

Comment

Working...