• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MoKouchak
    Visitor
    • Dec 2004

PDF compare "fl" differences

Hello,

Using BC 3.x I am comparing two PDF files which are virtually identical except for one file was saved with the latest version of InDesign and the second file was saved with the previous version of InDesign. The source files look the same on the screen but the comparison results show way too many diffs on any word that has "fl" in it like backflow. Can I configure BC in a way so it doesn't show these non-changes as diffs? See Images.

This link might give a bit of information on text character separation:
    http://tex.stackexchange.com/questio...a-compiled-pdf

BC4 produces very similar results.

Thanks.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MoKouchak; 13-Feb-2015, 07:12 PM.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

This appears to be an issue with InDesign assigning "fi" as a single character, which we then see in the export. If you Export to PDF and open the PDF file in another PDF viewer, such as Adobe Reader, are you able to select and copy just the f or i, or are they joined in this view as well?

Reading up on the issue, some users were able to resolve it by changing the file type they had started with (eps to ai), and once saved as ai, they relinked and re-saved as PDF.

If you are still having trouble, would it be possible to get example files? You can email us at [email protected] with a copy of your BCSupport.zip from the Help menu -> Support; Export, a pair of sample files, and a link back to this forum thread for our reference.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...