X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stevek
    Visitor
    • Sep 2014

Multi-select / Launch Multi-compare inconsistency

When a single item is selected, double-clicking or <enter> launches a comparison for that item.
    When multiple items are selected, the same action seems to open up a merge window?!

I'd like to be able to open a batch of comparisons and scan through them quickly (via <esc>) rather than ping-ponging back to the folder screen after each one. Is that possible?

Stephen.
    Version 4.0.5 (build 19480)
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Thanks. The quickest way would be to set the Folder Compare to run a Rules-based scan, which would return files with viewable differences in the viewers. You can then start at the top, double click the first difference, then we have a hotkey (Ctrl+M) for Next Different Files in Parent View, to scroll down and view all (rules-based) different files in the parent folders.

We can also configure the child Session Settings and save a customization as part of the Folder Compare, if they need to be altered. The goal is to configure the Rules-based comparison so that unimportant differences are ignored, so you do not need to review those files.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• stevek
      Visitor
      • Sep 2014

Thanks Aaron, Ctrl+M is great!

In my case, there are many folders so I'll just note that flattening the view (view->ignore folder structure) is pretty much required for me.

Stephen.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

Ctrl+M will hop down even if folders are present; Ignore Folder Structure is useful for alignment and comparison.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...