Exists a parameter in Command Line to force a specific "File Format"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jmendezortega
    Visitor
    • Jan 2015

Exists a parameter in Command Line to force a specific "File Format"?

Hi,

I'm trying to compare 2 files. They have XML extension and I created special "Grammar" to not compare the xml tags that have date data.

Example:
    <CreDtTm>2015-01-20T16:42:32</CreDtTm>

For this I created a Grammar Item with
    Category: Delimited
    Text from: <CreDtTm>
    to: </CreDtTm>

I don't like introducing these rules in the XML format so I created another format named "RB_XML" with this and other similar Grammar Items. I need to know how to specify the format "RB_XML" in the command line and scripting comparation.

Thanks!!!
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

The command line and scripting use the default method, which is the topmost format in the Tools menu -> File Formats list. You can move your customized format higher in the list and associate with *.xml for it to be used automatically. We don't have a method to pick it as a parameter. Alternatively, you could have a Portable Install used for your scripting, which has a specific set of settings pre-configured, or edit the Portable Install's BCFileFormats.xml on the fly before a script call.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• jmendezortega
      Visitor
      • Jan 2015

Hi,

Thanks. The comparison is make in an automated test. This is the reason because I need to force the File Format only when I need.
      This solution is not valid for me.

Thank you anyway

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

In instances of automation, we have customers use the Portable Install method, and then edit the .xml settings on the fly before calling the compare. Enhancing this is on our wishlist.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...