BCCommands.xml
    BCState.xml
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Comment

• Zoë
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Michael, thanks for updating your instructions. Just so you're aware, the /solo switch is completely optional now. If you like having it open in a new window you can continue to use it, but BComp.exe handles the wait correctly now. I posted the details in http://www.scootersoftware.com/beta3...hread.php?t=89
      Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• Zoë
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

The next release (463) should support Team Foundation's SCC interface.
        Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• Michael Bulgrien
          Carpal Tunnel
          • Oct 2007

Thanks Craig. Is that with TFS 2005, TFS 2003, or both?
          BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

• Zoë
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Should be both, and recent versions of VSS, but the demo expired so I haven't explicitly tested it. Based on my contact with TFS's devs I know why it was failing and made a change to work around the issue. There was another SCC implementation (TamTam SVN) with a similar issue and I was able to confirm that it fixed that one.

463 also (finally) reintroduces the directory compare's Source Control menu.
            Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• gstrader
              Visitor
              • Aug 2008

I saw today in the changelog released today for v3.0.3.8845, that TFS integration is fixed. I upgraded to this version. When I was going to Tools->Source Control Integration..., it would say "No Providers Detected". It took me awhile to figure out that I had to download the "Visual Studio 2005 Team Foundation Server MSSCCI Provider" and install it. Once I did that, I was able to successfully add the association to my TFS project.

The thing I am wondering about now is: why can't I check out files from the folder view? I can do it from the file comparison view, but that seems a little awkward to have to open each file and do it from there. Ideally I could check out an entire folder and it would recursively check out the files in it without having to open them.

Thanks for fixing this feature!

Comment

• Zoë
                Team Scooter
                • Oct 2007

There should be a "Source Control" submenu towards the bottom of the context and Action menus in the directory compare. If you haven't yet, try restarting BC.
                Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• outbred
                  Visitor
                  • Nov 2008

BC3 not recognizing TFS as a source control provider

How do I get BC3 to recognize TFS as my source control provider? I have dubblebock installed (which doesn't work, I've pinged them as well).

I'm running on Windows Vista 64-bit with VS2008 Team Suite edition.

Comment

• Michael Bulgrien
                    Carpal Tunnel
                    • Oct 2007

I am not suprised that dubblebock doesn't work in 64-bit Vista. You don't need dubbelbock if you are using BC3 with the Team Foundation Server MSSCCI Provider.

For Windows Vista, you will need the Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Foundation Server MSSCCI Provider instead of the MSSCCI Provider that came with Visual Studio 2005.
                    BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

• John Boncek
                      Enthusiast
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by gstrader
                      I saw today in the changelog released today for v3.0.3.8845, that TFS integration is fixed. I upgraded to this version. When I was going to Tools->Source Control Integration..., it would say "No Providers Detected". It took me awhile to figure out that I had to download the "Visual Studio 2005 Team Foundation Server MSSCCI Provider" and install it. Once I did that, I was able to successfully add the association to my TFS project.
                      I have BC3.1.11 working as the Compare tool under Visual Studio 2010 Premium with Team Foundation Server on Windows XP Pro. That works great! I would like to enable Source Control Integration for check-in as described above but it doesn't recognize Team Foundation Server as a source control provider. There is a 2010 version of the MSSCCI Provider. Is that the correct one to use and is it known to work for this? Thanks for your attention.

Comment

• John Boncek
                        Enthusiast
                        • Oct 2008

I installed the 2010 MSSCCI Provider and BC now recognizes Team Foundation Server as a source control provider in Source Control Integration. I added an "association" to the disk folder used by my TFS workspace but there is no menu item for check-in or any other source control operations.

Comment

• Aaron
                          Team Scooter
                          • Oct 2007

Hi John,

Are you pointed to a root folder, or a subfolder within the project?

Were there any error messages when adding the folder using the Tools menu -> Source Control Integration?
                          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• John Boncek
                            Enthusiast
                            • Oct 2008

Hi, Aaron,

I have two associations. Each is to the root folder of a project. There were no errors displayed. I removed them and recreated them today to make sure of that.

And, just to make sure I'm looking in the right place and not missing it, where would the Check In or other source control commands appear if it was working?

John

Comment

• Aaron
                              Team Scooter
                              • Oct 2007

Yes.

I just tested this with TFS2010, VS2010, and the msscci I found for 2010.
                              http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.micr...9-d3937d3d88d6

If the base folder is the same as the folder added to the Tools menu -> Source Control, you should see a new menu near the bottom of the right click menu called Source Control (right above Explorer), with the options to Check-In, Check Out, Show History, etc.

For my previous question, my concern was if you had set the source control to point straight at a drive letter (e:\) or at a folder within (e:\myProject), and if your Folder Compare's base folder was also set (e:\myProject). Sorry for not stating that clearer.
                              Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• John Boncek
                                Enthusiast
                                • Oct 2008

It's working. I didn't guess to look in the right-click menu (not sure if I even knew there was one there). Another detail -- it's in the right-click menu only in the right pane. Thanks for the assistance.

Comment

Working...