Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phil.Barila
    Journeyman
    • Apr 2014

Sorry, as noted previously in the thread, a test account is not possible on this host. The best I can do is test your alpha/beta/debug code for you.

Comment

• Aaron
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Sorry, I missed that part of the earlier thread. Is the server externally accessible? We might not need a login or access; just the initial connection attempt.
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Phil.Barila
        Journeyman
        • Apr 2014

It is not externally reachable. That's the largest impediment to a test account. There are others as well, but that is the biggest one in terms of practicality.

Comment

• Aaron
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

Hello,

Would it be possible to get a current copy of your BCSupport.zip from the Help menu -> Support; Export? I'd like to review it to make sure there isn't a configuration change that might help. You can email us at [email protected], and please include a link back to this forum thread for our reference.

We don't have a debug build that could help capture this type of information. It could be difficult to troubleshoot this without some kind of connection. If you test using a copy of BC3, do we throw the same or different error text? If the AIX box reachable using another protocol, such as FTP? If so, would it be possible to get a copy of these connection logs?
          http://www.scootersoftware.com/download.php?zz=dl3_en
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Phil.Barila
            Journeyman
            • Apr 2014

I downloaded BC3, set up a profile, and attempted to Connect & Browse with it. I'm waiting for it to time out so I can finish the e-mail to Support as I write this.

Comment

• Phil.Barila
              Journeyman
              • Apr 2014

Just to close the loop on this one, we had an event that caused us to regenerate the Host Key. BC4 is happy doing SFTP with the new key. Don't know how the new key was generated vs. the broken one, but I'm good to go at present.

Comment

• Aaron
                Team Scooter
                • Oct 2007

That's good news. Regenerating a key can sometimes get things working; if you do find a difference in your generation process, or see this come up again, please let us know. Perhaps re-generating immediately, and sending us the broken and working keys as example files would greatly help us track this down (then, just re-generate a third time to get a new key to actually use). You can reach us at [email protected], but please include a link back to this forum thread for our reference.
                Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• jeroenp
                  Enthusiast
                  • Dec 2013

If you ever get the error 103 again, then check the output of SSH while logging in. Beyond Compare does not show that, but WinSCP does.

Sometimes users or system have a logon script that shows extra output. That output should only be shown during interactive SSH logon, not during non-interactive logon (for instance when using SFTP).

I bumped into this error on a system that was wrongly configured, then was reminded by SSH login works but SFTP login doesn't - Server Fault​ (thanks Paulus​) that I already blogged on this at Filezilla: figuring out the cause of “Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity”​ a while ago (solving it for bash logon scripts):

This solved my problem

This is what my `/etc/bash.bashrc.local` looked like:
                  Code:
                  [INDENT]# /etc/bash.bashrc.local for SUSE Linux
                  #
                  # PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE /etc/bash.bashrc There are chances that your changes
                  # will be lost during system upgrades. Instead use /etc/bash.bashrc.local
                  # for bash or /etc/ksh.kshrc.local for ksh or /etc/zsh.zshrc.local for the
                  # zsh or /etc/ash.ashrc.local for the plain ash bourne shell for your local
                  # settings, favourite global aliases, VISUAL and EDITOR variables, etc ...

. /etc/bash.aliases/_load-aliases.sh

#
                  # End of /etc/bash.bashrc.local
                  #[/INDENT]

This is what it looks like now:
                  Code:
                  [INDENT]# /etc/bash.bashrc.local for SUSE Linux
                  #
                  # PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE /etc/bash.bashrc There are chances that your changes
                  # will be lost during system upgrades. Instead use /etc/bash.bashrc.local
                  # for bash or /etc/ksh.kshrc.local for ksh or /etc/zsh.zshrc.local for the
                  # zsh or /etc/ash.ashrc.local for the plain ash bourne shell for your local
                  # settings, favourite global aliases, VISUAL and EDITOR variables, etc ...

if [ "$SSH_TTY" ]
                  then
                      source /etc/bash.aliases/_load-aliases.sh
                  fi

#
                  # End of /etc/bash.bashrc.local
                  #[/INDENT]
                  --jeroen

Comment

Working...