X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheScottMan
    Visitor
    • Dec 2014

Double Click behavior in files/folders window

Does anyone know if possible to change the double-click behavior when double clicking on a file?

I keep accidentally double-clicking on 1gb or more files and BC4 tries to open the files in text comparisons window, which take FOREVER to load, till i can finally close it.

I thought double-clicking might bring up a dialog, or perhaps we could toggle the behavior in preferences, but couldn't find the setting. Maybe i'm just missing it. Thanks for any help.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

We do not currently have a method for disabling the double click shortcut in BC4. Do you find yourself accidentally hitting this when attempting a drag select, or another action? We may have an alternate shortcut for the other action which could help, such as Shift+Single Click.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• TheScottMan
      Visitor
      • Dec 2014

Hi, thanks for writing. I think sometimes I was expecting the file to open with the default app, like doubleclick from Finder for MacOS. I know this software is not meant for this behaviour at all, but I double-click things all day long and sometimes just "forget where I am". An option to choose the behaviour would be awesome.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

It's certainly something that is on our Customer Wishlist to support, and I'll add your feedback to our entry on the subject.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...