• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GeorgAdamsen
    Visitor
    • Oct 2014

Shortcut keys

Hi

I love BCompare and use it every day and have done so for years. It is awesome, really awesome. Great speed, great functionality, and a great user interface.

I miss a few things here and there, though. Some actions cannot be added to the toolbar or assigned a shortcut, e.g. the Synchronize action (see http://goo.gl/1FlIkh).

I very much like to be able to use BCompare using the keyboard as much as possible. (I have not checked, but I have a feeling that BCompare 3 did have more shortcut keys (i.e. accelerator keys as Alt-E for Edit), but I may be wrong).

Anyway, in the Windows version of BCompare 4, I miss, e.g., shortcut keys for "Edit" in the session manager (see my annotated screenshot: http://goo.gl/NNYLvp).

Any chance of a shortcut key here and elsewhere?

BCompare 4 is already great and awesome, but I would really like it to be absolutely perfect. :-)

Best regards,

Georg
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback. For Synchronize, that is the main header and not the specific command. You can add the specific commands to the toolbar, such as Update Left, Update Right, Update Both, Mirror Left, or Mirror Right. If you type "sync" into the search field, it should limit the view down to show these commands.

We do not have a quick key for that Edit button, but we do allow the edit pane to be pinned. Do you edit often enough that it would work well to open Edit, then Pin it so it stays open between selections?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• GeorgAdamsen
      Visitor
      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Aaron
      Hello,

Thanks for the feedback. For Synchronize, that is the main header and not the specific command. You can add the specific commands to the toolbar, such as Update Left, Update Right, Update Both, Mirror Left, or Mirror Right. If you type "sync" into the search field, it should limit the view down to show these commands.
      Ah, I missed that, Thank you for the advice.

We do not have a quick key for that Edit button, but we do allow the edit pane to be pinned. Do you edit often enough that it would work well to open Edit, then Pin it so it stays open between selections?
      OK. That looks like the BCompare 3 I remember. I simply did not see the key icon.

I edit very often because I compare zip-files to folders whenever a new version of a plugin is released. So this is and was a key component of my work flow.

Thank you,

Georg

Comment

Working...