• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simon1.ellis
    New User
    • Oct 2014

Summary report - inclusion of specific items

Hi there,

Before I pose my question I'd just like to say what a great tool you've got here. It's proving invaluable to me and very helpful to my end users - thank you.

I was wondering if it is possible to include a count of the input files' total rows in a summary report and the line numbers of any differences? I.e. instead of:
    Example.xlsx
    Produced: 27/10/2014 10:47:43

Left file: S:\xxxx Support Team\xxxxxx\UAT\Execution\Compare\1.0\ExampleInput .xlsx
    Right file: S:\xxxx Support Team\xxxxxx\UAT\Execution\Compare\1.1\ExampleInput .xlsx
    1140 same row(s)
    2 important difference row(s)
    1 unimportant difference row(s)

Is it possible for me to specify:
    Example.xlsx
    Produced: 27/10/2014 10:47:43

Left file: S:\xxxx Support Team\xxxxxx\UAT\Execution\Compare\1.0\ExampleInput .xlsx
    Right file: S:\xxxx Support Team\xxxxxx\UAT\Execution\Compare\1.1\ExampleInput .xlsx
    1143 Total row(s)
    1140 same row(s)
    2 important difference row(s)
    - Row 7
    - Row 287
    1 unimportant difference row(s)
    - Row 1009

I appreciate that it's a small thing, however it would make a big difference to my end users.

Many thanks in advance for your help,
    Simon
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

We don't expose the level of information you are looking for in the Summary report, but how does the Interleaved Report style work for you? This would include the row numbers and text, and can be set to only display Differences (Important and Unimportant, or just Important).
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• simon1.ellis
      New User
      • Oct 2014

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for coming back to me.

Yes, I've put togther some of these reports for the users, and they're very useful - but for the management level they have a bit "too much information" in them. They were looking to get only the high level numbers.

No worries, I'll be able to put together a process to summarise for them on a separate progress report.

Thanks anyway and again, this is a great tool and very much appreciated.

Simon

Comment

Working...