X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andman
    New User
    • Oct 2014

How Can I....

I have two files similar to the json format...
    Code:
    Key1:
        properity: value
        properity2: value
    Key2:
    Beyond compare can't really help in one regard.. I don't care where key2 is in relationship to the other file.. So I first sort by keys then use beyond compare.

But what I would like beyond compare to do is to tell me a list of the keys which have any value which is different. For instance..
    ---File 1---
    Code:
    Key1:
    Key2:
    ---File 2---
    Code:
    Key2:
    Key1:
        properity: value[COLOR="#FF0000"]X[/COLOR]
        properity2: value[COLOR="#FF0000"]X[/COLOR]
    I'd like beyond compare to return to me the value "Key1" (visually is fine).

I can script this myself, but I'm not seeing the value of the product if there is not some way to help me in this regard... Can I write a plugin or perhaps set some sort of column propriety?

Thanks
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

To run this comparison, you would need to define a pre-process conversion to sort the files. We have a generic example (for RESX files) here:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...rnalconversion

The process would sort by Key so they are in the same order, and then we can compare the property lines and values.

We do not have an external conversion for JSON specifically. We have a fan submitted format you could help us test if you email us at [email protected] and include a link back to this forum thread.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• grindax
      Fanatic
      • Feb 2011

andman, how can I tell from your subject line whether it's a topic I'm interested in reading? For the sake of all forum readers, please use descriptive subject lines for your posts.

Comment

Working...