X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Malaras
    Visitor
    • Oct 2014

Hello, Got a minor issue with BC4.

Hello, i just purchased this wonderful software the other day, Well upgraded from 3. But anyway to my issue.

So when clicking on a file to open it and windows asked you what to open it with, I go to the directory of bc4 and click it to open it with BCompare App the 16.781kb App. But that does nothing. So i redo it and open it with BComp App 94kb App and it works. But now all my files have the default app icon for the 94kb App.

So just a minor issue to me, but would like the files to have the Bcompare icon. As the 16781 kb app. Like bc3 did.

Thanks, And i hope i explained will enough for you to understand.

Win7 btw.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

On my Windows 7 machine, I set this up with a new file extension type (.testext) and when I attempted to open it I assigned it to C:\Program Files (x86)\Beyond Compare 4\BCompare.exe. This gave it a white file icon with a Beyond Compare logo overlay, and seems to open as expected in the Text Compare (as it is actually a text file with text content).

With a similar setup, does this work for you?

How does your setup differ from this one?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Malaras
      Visitor
      • Oct 2014

Dang it, forget what i was trying to open with it the other day. I'll post here when i figure it out. Lil sleepy at the moment. Prolly be tomorrow.

Comment

Working...