Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Chrestomanci points out that the case for the key should be lowercase:
    /usr/lib/beyondcompare/GPG-KEY-scootersoftware

If this does not help, I would recommend backing up your current settings with the Tools menu -> Export, run the Uninstaller, then remove any instance of the key and our url from your APT repository. With this clean slate, then try running our latest .deb installer again and see if this helps auto generate everything correctly. Please be sure there aren't any errors during the install process.
    I just did this, and the two problems I've noted are still present within synaptic: the "not authenticated" warning, and the list of installed files showing up with the wrong package.

One thought: In bcompare-4.0.2.19186_i386.deb, the file DEBIAN/control contains "Package: bcompare". Should the package name be "bcompare:i386" instead? Could that be confusing synaptic?

Thanks. We reproduced the error message and found where some of our code signing was a bit off. We've fixed it, so you should be able to grab the new version with an apt-get update.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Thanks. We reproduced the error message and found where some of our code signing was a bit off. We've fixed it, so you should be able to grab the new version with an apt-get update.
    apt-get doesn't show a new version being available. The latest is still 4.0.2.19186.

When you say the "code signing was a bit off", would you mind explaining that, if it's not proprietary information?

sudo apt-get update (not upgrade) should grab a refreshed listing of server/repo information, without needing to actually get a new patch. The new information should be up and ready to go.

We included the key and hosted it correctly, but missed a step in signing the release. Now that we have that in, all parts should verify against each other correctly.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Thanks, the "not authenticated" warning does not appear now (I tested it by selecting "reinstall", without actually doing it).

The list of installed files showing up with the wrong package still happens, but that's only an annoyance.

Default GPG key

Here is the PPA repository verification GPG key.

For apt (apt-get) users, these lines will setup the scooter software repository.

Code:
    sudo add-apt-repository -y  'deb http://www.scootersoftware.com/ bcompare4 non-free'
    sudo apt-key adv --fetch-keys http://www.scootersoftware.com/RPM-GPG-KEY-scootersoftware
    sudo apt update
    Sorry I don't know the RPM exact format, but the translation is one-to-one.