Default Selecting files from comparison results dialogue

Beyond Compare 3.3.12
    Kubuntu 13.10

I seem to remember in the Win version of BC, when the small comparison results dialogue was displayed, I was able to select the files with the mouse.

This is not a feature with BC3 on Linux.

Can you post a screenshot of which dialog you're referring to? BC3 should behave largely identically between Windows and Linux.
    ZoŽ P Scooter Software

Thanks Craig. Please find screen dump attached. If I use the + sign in this dialogue, it shows the filenames. I'm 98% certain that I could right click with the mouse and select all the results dialogue.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I don't think BC has ever allowed anything in that dialog besides just double clicking to launch a comparison. There's definitely no difference between the platforms on v3/v4. What were you hoping to do with the selection? File operations? Keep in mind that the results represent pairs of files, so anything we did allow would affect both of them.
    ZoŽ P Scooter Software

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I don't think BC has ever allowed anything in that dialog besides just double clicking to launch a comparison. There's definitely no difference between the platforms on v3/v4. What were you hoping to do with the selection? File operations? Keep in mind that the results represent pairs of files, so anything we did allow would affect both of them.
    Can you please use BC3 in Windows, and try either a right or left mouse click in the file comparison results dialogue box ?

Quote Originally Posted by peterr View Post
    Can you please use BC3 in Windows, and try either a right or left mouse click in the file comparison results dialogue box ?
    As I thought, BC for Windows doesn't do anything either, in v2-v4. What exactly are you hoping it will do?