X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tonyz289
    Visitor
    • Sep 2014

BC 4 fails to install on Centos

I am running Centos 6. When I attempt to a package manger install, I get the following message:
    HTML Code:
    failed to get supported types for the backend: The permission of the setuid helper is not correct
    What do I do now?
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Which version of Centos are you running? Testing against 6.5 works with the default package manager (double clicking the .rpm download) after providing root access.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• tonyz289
      Visitor
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Aaron
      Hello,

Which version of Centos are you running? Testing against 6.5 works with the default package manager (double clicking the .rpm download) after providing root access.
      That is the version I am running. What do you mean "after providing root access"? I am downloading using Firefox as a common user. I click the RPM package, the download process starts. When it ends, I am prompted with "Do you want to install this file?" I click Install and I get a pop-up with the line "The action could not be completed". The pop-up also contains a More Details. When I click that, I get the message I mentioned in my initial post.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello

With my test system, the dialog that pops up asks for Root access to proceed with the install. This is pretty standard practice across different Linux distros. Are you in an environment which might be locked down or have any extra security or configuration?
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• tonyz289
          Visitor
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Aaron
          Hello

With my test system, the dialog that pops up asks for Root access to proceed with the install. This is pretty standard practice across different Linux distros. Are you in an environment which might be locked down or have any extra security or configuration?
          I got it by studying another post with the same problem. Turns something messed with the permissons on /lib64/dbus-1/dbus-daemon-launch-helper. I fixed it by executing the following line:
          Code:
          chmod u+s /lib64/dbus-1/dbus-daemon-launch-helper
          You can mark the issue resolved. Thanks.

Comment

Working...