Question BC 4 fails to install on Centos

I am running Centos 6. When I attempt to a package manger install, I get the following message:
    HTML Code:
    failed to get supported types for the backend: The permission of the setuid helper is not correct
    What do I do now?

Hello,

Which version of Centos are you running? Testing against 6.5 works with the default package manager (double clicking the .rpm download) after providing root access.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Hello,

Which version of Centos are you running? Testing against 6.5 works with the default package manager (double clicking the .rpm download) after providing root access.
    That is the version I am running. What do you mean "after providing root access"? I am downloading using Firefox as a common user. I click the RPM package, the download process starts. When it ends, I am prompted with "Do you want to install this file?" I click Install and I get a pop-up with the line "The action could not be completed". The pop-up also contains a More Details. When I click that, I get the message I mentioned in my initial post.

Hello

With my test system, the dialog that pops up asks for Root access to proceed with the install. This is pretty standard practice across different Linux distros. Are you in an environment which might be locked down or have any extra security or configuration?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Hello

With my test system, the dialog that pops up asks for Root access to proceed with the install. This is pretty standard practice across different Linux distros. Are you in an environment which might be locked down or have any extra security or configuration?
    I got it by studying another post with the same problem. Turns something messed with the permissons on /lib64/dbus-1/dbus-daemon-launch-helper. I fixed it by executing the following line:
    Code:
    chmod u+s /lib64/dbus-1/dbus-daemon-launch-helper
    You can mark the issue resolved. Thanks.