X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grindax
    Fanatic
    • Feb 2011

'Move to Side' should actually be 'Move From Side'

As far as I can tell, the toolbar button for 'Move to Side' should be called 'Move From Side'. And in the dialog that appears for this, the Action text at the bottom should explicitly spell out the action that is to be performed, e.g. "Move selected files and folders from the left to the right', rather than the vague and ambiguous text that it currently has.

Same for 'Copy to Side'.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback. The Copy and Move dialogs can interact with one or both sides, and the dialog itself then has a radial select to select the items, then Move them To the other side. The picture in the dialog also represents the selection and the direction of the copy/move with a graphical arrow. The To Side command is also a generic name for the explicit commands: Copy To Left and Copy To Right; the To Side variant does the appropriate copy depending on the selection.

If you ever have any questions about a specific dialog, please click the '?' Help button next to the 'X' Close button to open the context Help article. Or contact us with any questions.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• grindax
      Fanatic
      • Feb 2011

Well, I think the current behaviour is very illogical. It tripped me up because I selected a folder, clicked 'Move to Side', chose 'Left side', and then clicked 'Start'. And then the folder was moved to the Right Side, overwriting the one there. The only clue that I overlooked was the little red arrow in the picture pointing to the right.

Also, you do not think it's a good idea to clarify the text that is shown at the bottom for 'Action' ? What is the use of having the Action simply say 'Move selected files, folders.' ?

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

The icons we have are an important factor; did you disable the preview dialog that shows the selection, radial control, and preview graphic?

We can consider adding additional text to the dialog. I'll note your feedback in our Customer Wishlist.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• grindax
          Fanatic
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Aaron
          Hello,

did you disable the preview dialog that shows the selection, radial control, and preview graphic?
          No, I didn't. The radial control is for 'Selection'. I believed I was making a selection for which side I wanted to 'Move To'. I didn't realize I was actually making a selection for "Which side do you want to move FROM". As I mentioned in my previous reply, the only thing I missed was the little arrow in the picture.

Comment

Working...