Default Launching Single Instance Only

This probably isn't really a source control issue, per se, but since I'm launching BC3 from Rational Team Concert/Jazz Source Control I'll put it here. Am I missing a setting/option to only launch a single instance of BC3?

If I'm doing a code review I may have 10 files to check. When I tell RTC to compare it launches a new instance of BC3 every time rather than re-using the currently running instance. I'm wondering if there's an argument I can pass but I've come up empty.

Hello,

Did you configure the Source Control to use BComp.exe (not BCompare.exe)? Using BComp.exe works for most source control solutions. If you are still having trouble or are already using BComp.exe, could you let us know in more detail the version of Rational and how it is currently configured?

We have example VCS setups here:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/support.php?zz=kb_vcs
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Sorry, I didn't realize the exe is bcomp.

2-Way
    Exe: C:\Program Files (x86)\Beyond Compare 3\BComp.exe
    Local: "${file1Path}" "${file2Path}" /title1="${file1Title}" /title2="${file2Title}" /rightreadonly
    Remote: "${file1Path}" "${file2Path}" /title1="${file1Title}" /title2="${file2Title}" /leftreadonly /rightreadonly

I'm using Rational Team Concert (4.0.6) inside of Rational Software Architect (8.0.4.2).

Does this help? I didn't find the /solo option finally, but that's not listed in my current configuration.

Hello,

/solo will make each call a single instance, but shouldn't be necessary if you use bcomp.exe. BCompare.exe is the main executable, but bcomp.exe is used for VCS.

Does this get it working for you?

Are you using Std or Pro edition? Std can work for a diff, but you would need Pro for a 3-way merge.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

I was already using bcomp so it's still the same behavior.

I'm on the Standard version but I'm only trying to compare two files anyway.

I take it that by default it should re-using the same instance then?

Yes, the expected result is for bcomp.exe to talk to the main instance and manages things into a single bcompare.exe process. It's a little odd that this would create 10 BCompare.exe processes in task manager. That is what is happening, correct? Or are you getting new windows but still 1 process?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Yes, the expected result is for bcomp.exe to talk to the main instance and manages things into a single bcompare.exe process. It's a little odd that this would create 10 BCompare.exe processes in task manager. That is what is happening, correct? Or are you getting new windows but still 1 process?
    Sorry, got sidetracked. I'm getting multiple windows, not processes. Sorry for the confusion.

Opening a new comparison in a tab or a window is controlled in Beyond Compare 3's settings. Select "Tools > Options". Go to the Tabs section. Set "Open sessions in" to "A new tab". This should make new comparison open as new tabs in an existing window.
    Chris K Scooter Software