Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ya_shin
    Journeyman
    • Jan 2014

If you are in the Profiles Windows (Beyond Compare|Profiles) you should see the plus [+] and minus [-] buttons in the bottom left corner. When clicking on the [+] you get the following options for what kind of profile to add:
    Folder
    ---------
    FTP Profile
    Amazon S3 Profile
    Dropbox Profile
    Subversion Profile
    WebDAV Profile

The WebDAV profile is basically simple to set up, it only requires the link (same as the one you would use in Finder to connect) and username and password.

Hope this will help.

Comment

• timg11
      Expert
      • Apr 2010

I am looking for options for WEBDAV. Previously in the thread, Aaron talks about "HTTPS traffic options". I do not find any such option in BC4. In my other thread, I have identified that BC4 is attempting to use SSL 3.0, and this protocol is no longer allowed due to the Poodle exploit. There should be some setting for HTTPS to select between SSL and TLS.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

That is an option in Fiddler to help track that type of traffic. It is not an option within Beyond Compare. BC4's SSL implementation was before poodle and would allow a connection if the server supports it, or would be rejected if the server has been patched. We don't have a toggle for the setting, but it's something we can look into for prioritizing TLS.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• ya_shin
          Journeyman
          • Jan 2014

Hi, thought I ask if my information had been received and if it was any useful. If needed, as offered in my e-mail, I am willing to do further tests.

(P.S.: I did download the latest version of Beyond Compare, Version 4.0.4 (build 19477), which still shows the problem.)

Comment

• Aaron
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Hello,

Thanks! We did get your log information, but haven't had a chance to dig into the details yet. BC 4.0.4 had a few fixes we really needed to get out, but we weren't able to address this yet.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• ya_shin
              Journeyman
              • Jan 2014

Thanks for the update. Just wanted to make sure you received my data. I do have the feeling this may be a difficult bug to squish... Hope it works out.

Comment

• nikolaus
                Expert
                • Apr 2013

Thank you so much for fixing this! The new version works great.

Comment

Working...