Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default WebDAV shows folders inside themselves

See attached.

This happens for every folder that I can see, including subfolders. All files and folders show up fine (except for the folder listing error in my previous thread). There are just these additional ghost folders, which are unopenable and show 404 errors in the log at the bottom of the window.

I tested with Cyberduck and it doesn't show the ghost folders.

Hello,

What type of WebDAV resource are you connecting to? On our own test environment, the server does not show this type of structure, testing with Windows or OSX 10.9 or 10.10.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

I'm experiencing something similar. I mentioned this while it was still in Beta, but it's still doing it in the final version.

When comparing a local folder to one on a WebDAV resource, it correctly compares the folders, then looks for the folder inside of itself on the WebDAV resource and returns a 404 error. It does this after every folder comparison.

Say there is a folder on the WebDAV resource at https://webdav.somewhere.com/folder1/firstfolder. It will correctly compare the folder, then log:

10/16/2014 3:02:14 PM Unable to load https://webdav.somewhere.com/folder1/firstfolder/firstfolder: HTTP error 404: Not Found

Then it will successfully compare the next folder, then repeat the same error using that folder's name.

BTW, my folder names are all integers. Not sure if that makes a difference...

Hello,

We have a potential fix for this in the next release. Please keep an eye our for Check for Updates, and let us know if there is still an issue in 4.0.1.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

I just upgraded to Pro for the WebDAV feature.

The issue of the folders showing in themselves (but cannot be expanded) is still present in version 4.0.2 (build 19186). However, when comparing the folders I get an even stranger behavior, in that the program seems to keep adding that folder in that duplicated folder and so on, so there is no progress at all.
    So I am seeing
    Main Folder
    |- Subfolder1
    |-Subfolder1
    |-Subfolder1
    |-Subfolder1
    etc.

In the screenshot, there really only should be on folder called #Accounting firm...
    Screenshot 2014-11-20 at 11:23:31.png

Hello,

Thanks for the report. It would be helpful if we could get a copy of the debug log, by enabling all logging options in the Options dialog, Tweaks, Logging section, then connect, expand the folders, and save the log. This can be emailed to support@scootersoftware.com with a link back to this forum thread for our reference.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Sorry for the late reply, I was away for a few days.

I use the Mac version (sorry for not making that clear) and I enabled all log option unter the Tweaks tab in the Preferences (found this in another thread). Then I set up the session using "Browse using Profile" on one side. I restarted the program and the session several times, but while each time I got the nested folders there was nothing written to the log file... The log in the comparison view also seemed to display no usable information.

The WebDAV setup is very simple, same I am using with the "Finder - Go to server" function, which works fine. Having the "Recursive listings" option checked or not, seemed to make no difference.

I wish I could be more helpful... Let me know if there another debug log that I didn't find yet.

Hello,

Would it be possible to install and setup Fiddler? It's an application that can monitor and generate an even more detailed debug log as you make remote connections; BC can detect and work with it to create this debug log.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

I'll give it a try. I found Fiddler here, is that the right thing?

Seems I only need to install something called Mono, as I read here, and it should be good to go. However, it also said that the latest version doesn't run Fiddler? I had no success, do you know where to find an older version (3.8.0 or the recommended 3.1.2?)

Thanks and that is the correct program. It's much easier to install and run with Windows, but I'll check with one of our developers for how they configured for OSX.

I did manage to dig up a link to the older Downloads from the Bug Report page Comments:
    https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=23553
    here (that is not easy to find):
    http://download.mono-project.com/archive/

Update: 3.1.2 might be the best version to try until a patch can fix the current Mono release.
    Last edited by Aaron; 31-Dec-2014 at 02:28 PM.
    Aaron P Scooter Software