18629 FC: Ignore folder structure reveals diffferences

"Only Compare Files" shows no differences:

"Ignore Folder Structure" shows two:

Why's that?
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

It is probably due to the syntax of your filter. Folder filters are not supported when Folder Structure is ignored. It's on our wishlist, and I'll add this use case.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• chrisjj
      Carpal Tunnel
      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Aaron
      It is probably due to the syntax of your filter.
      Can't see how. The syntax is to spec.

Folder filters are not supported when Folder Structure is ignored.
      I take that to mean "Folder filters are not working properly when... "

Indeed I find this: http://i.imgur.com/0VUqs6F.png

It's on our wishlist
      Perhaps move it to the bug list?

Thanks.

Comment

• Zoë
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

I've just finished fixing some issue with the filter handling in "Ignore folder structure" mode, but I don't think it will correct your case because those were related to using inclusion filters and you're using exclusion ones. Unfortunately your report as filed doesn't include enough information to fix it, because I can't see what the path for the affected files is, nor what the alignment looks like in the unflattened case.

If you can still reproduce the issue, please email us snapshots of both sides of the comparison along with an export of your session settings.
        Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• chrisjj
          Carpal Tunnel
          • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Craig
          I've just finished fixing some issue with the filter handling in "Ignore folder structure" mode
          Thanks. This is the kind of reason I love you guys

, but I don't think it will correct your case because those were related to using inclusion filters and you're using exclusion ones. Unfortunately your report as filed doesn't include enough information to fix it, because I can't see what the path for the affected files is
          Sorry. I'll catch that next time. Right now, I cannot get anything near this case, because those two Hidden Files are not appearing, and I don't know how to get them to appear. R: is a SUBST, FWIW.

, nor what the alignment looks like in the unflattened case.
          FAOD, I too did not see alignment in "Only Compare Files". Because Show Differences found no differences.

If you can still reproduce the issue, please email us snapshots of both sides of the comparison along with an export of your session settings.
          When I can, I will do.

Comment

Working...