X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nikolaus
    Expert
    • Apr 2013

Graphical glitch when scrolling file path field

I've loaded up a file on the left, then have enough text in the file path field on the right that I can scroll the text sideways. Once it starts to scroll, there's a visual glitch, but after I scroll far enough the glitch goes away again. If I go scroll the other way the glitch comes back.

I recorded a video, but I can't attach it—max filesize of 100kB, and it's 500kB.
  • Chris
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Thank you for reporting the problem. Can you email the video to us? 500kB should be accepted by our mail server. You can send it to [email protected]. Please include a link to this forum thread in your email.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• nikolaus
      Expert
      • Apr 2013

Sent the video! Thanks!

Comment

• rothkj1022
        Fanatic
        • Apr 2008

I don't know if this is the same glitch I've been experiencing now for the last several versions, but what I see is sometimes as I type in an editor window and I go out beyond the margin, sometimes there appears to be a drawing issue where the display of text starts to overlap other text on the line and the rest of the text in the window does not scroll horizontally. My workaround has been to click to another tab then click back, and the screen redraws correctly.

Comment

• rothkj1022
          Fanatic
          • Apr 2008

I did some more testing and pretty much horizontal scrolling within an editor window is completely broken. Doesn't matter whether I use the mouse on the scrollbar, type beyond the end of the line, use the arrow keys, etc. Whichever line the cursor is on is the line that does not display correctly. The rest of the pane does scroll and appear correctly, contrary to what I said in my last post.

Moving the cursor to a different line and then back again fixes the issue until you scroll horizontally again.

This bug has been particularly disruptive, as I've found that working in a different editor instead of BC4 is easier and less prone to errors.

Comment

• Aaron
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Hello,

Are you using the latest beta build (released shortly before this post)? Which version of OSX are you running?

Does re-sizing the Window help make the error go away for you?
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• rothkj1022
              Fanatic
              • Apr 2008

I am using build 18629. OS X 10.9.4 (13E28)

Yes, resizing the window also redraws the window, but it comes back as soon as I move my cursor to the right when at the edge of the screen. So it never really "goes away".

Comment

• rothkj1022
                Fanatic
                • Apr 2008

One more thing: this only seems to happen in the left and right editor windows. I can still highlight a line and edit it down at the bottom without having drawing issues (in the bottom pane).

Comment

• rothkj1022
                  Fanatic
                  • Apr 2008

This bug appears to be fixed with version 4.0.0.18847. Thank you.

Comment

• rothkj1022
                    Fanatic
                    • Apr 2008

Update: Well, it's partially fixed.

I no longer experience the garbled display when strictly moving the cursor beyond the EOL via the keyboard. However, using the horizontal scrollbar at the bottom with the mouse still causes the issue.

Comment

• Aaron
                      Team Scooter
                      • Oct 2007

Thanks for the report. I can also sometimes reproduce this and we'll see if we can get this fixed.
                      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• tlt
                        New User
                        • Dec 2015

This bug is still there. On the Mac, scrolling horizontal with magic mouse I get the glitch on the lien that the cursor is on. Attaching a screenshot of it. The two lines in the screenshot are identical but the top one has the glitch.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Aaron
                          Team Scooter
                          • Oct 2007

Thanks for the follow up and screenshot. We've had a fix to help resolve this, but we weren't able to fully track it down yet. I'll add your notes to our tracker entry on the subject. Which version of OSX are you currently running? And are you running the latest BC 4.1.2 release?
                          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...