Clear All
  • jod
    Enthusiast
    • Mar 2014

Feature request: Home > Sessions> Right Click > Copy as link to session

At the moment it is quite hard to create a reference to a named session

There are 2 scenarios
    A) write about the session in your notes
    B) create a shortcut (not even sure if this is possible?)
    In both cases it seems like you need to type in the path to your session by hand
    in case B you also need to go figure out the command line syntax

It would be nice if at least you could copy the text of your session name (including folder names)
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Could you go into more detail on the final result you are hoping to achieve? We have a few tools which might currently help.

For 2), you can define a Shortcut in windows, pointing to BCompare.exe and then passing in a parameter that is "folder\sessionname" to load directly into the session name.

In BC4, we also have the Session Search toolbar at the bottom of the list, to quickly and easily display only sessions that match the search phrase.

We also support Workspaces, in the Session menu, which can store any combination of opened sessions, windows, tabs, window sizes, etc.

How is it you would like to use the reference you need to create?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• jod
      Enthusiast
      • Mar 2014

Mostly I want to mention the session in My personal notes without having to retype folder\sessionname from keyboard (and to avoid typos)
      I guess the title should have been
      Feature request: Home > Sessions> Right Click > Copy full session name

In future I probably also want to avoid typing the full session name (folder\sessionname) when creating bat files to invoke BCompare as described in your answer (typos would be bad)

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Thanks for the scenario. I'll add this request to our Customer Wishlist.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...