How to add compare opinion in context menu in Linux Mint 17?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crazyi
    Visitor
    • Apr 2012

How to add compare opinion in context menu in Linux Mint 17?

I've recently moved to Linux Mint 17 Mate edtion, and the default file manager is caja, I want to know how can I add the compare opinion in the context menu? Thanks.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Please follow this troubleshooting guide and, if needed, the manual install guide: http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...nuxcontextmenu
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• crazyi
      Visitor
      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Aaron
      Hello,

Please follow this troubleshooting guide and, if needed, the manual install guide: http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...nuxcontextmenu
      Hi, thanks for your reply. I have tried this guide before, but no luck.
      And the manual install guide seems not to support Caja, though it is a fork of Nautilus

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

Sorry, we haven't tested for this specific environment. If it is nautilus based, I would expect a similar file structure. Do you have a /usr/lib/nautilus/extensions-3.0/ folder, or something similar?

Please note that any changes to the file located here, and the BC Options dialog (to enable the Shell Extension) then require a logout or reboot to apply.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• crazyi
          Visitor
          • Apr 2012

Hi,
          I have copy the bcompare-ext-nautilus.so to the /usr/lib/nautilus/extensions-3.0/ folder, still no luck

Comment

• Aaron
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Sorry, it looks like this is unsupported at this time. I have created a test system and I am running into the same issues; I'll document this OS/configuration to see if we can add this support.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• pagej97
              Visitor
              • Apr 2014

+1 - Caja support would be useful.

Comment

Working...