Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default SSH (SFTP) unable to setup the default directory

It seems that it's impossible to configure the default directory for SSH / SFTP connections.

This is a critical problem because by default the browser does not allow you to browse outside the default directory.

Thanks for the feedback. Defining an initial path as part of the profile is on our wishlist. In the meantime, if you use the path syntax: "sftp://user@ip/subfolder" or "profilerofile name?subfolder/" you can save a Session with a specified initial path.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

I does not work with profile:ABC?/etc

Also, really unhappy about getting this an loosing the body of the post:

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing or mismatched.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

Hello,

You would not use a ?/. Instead it is ?ImmediateSubName/. For an example of the syntax, you can load the base folder, select a subfolder, then right click and Set As Base Folder. Then note the new path syntax that includes the subfolder name.

The forum error you ran into is a vBulletin issue if you leave a tab open for longer than a cached time limit. To help prevent running into it, please issue a Refresh command on the open window before you attempt to Reply/post. It's an unfortunate vBulletin limitation; one I run into myself now and then while administering the forum.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Exclamation

I have the same issue on my side, but it's an SFTP connection error. The connection was refused due to an incorrect login.

Same settings works in terminal or in another software.

2014-08-14 14:55:17 Password authorization failed.
    2014-08-14 14:55:17 No more authentication methods available

Unhappy

Here's the log from the SSH server. I also tried using a private SSH key and by using user/password but I get an incorrect username/password.

With private key
    -------------------------------
    Aug 20 11:56:24 server1 sshd[14511]: Accepted publickey for dev from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx port 58547 ssh2
    Aug 20 11:56:24 server1 sshd[14511]: pam_unix(sshd:session): session opened for user dev by (uid=0)
    Aug 20 11:56:24 server1 sshd[14513]: subsystem request for sftp by user dev
    Aug 20 11:56:26 server1 sshd[14513]: Received disconnect from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: 11: disconnected by user
    Aug 20 11:56:26 server1 sshd[14511]: pam_unix(sshd:session): session closed for user dev
    Aug 20 11:56:43 server1 sshd[14519]: Connection closed by xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx [preauth]

With username/password
    -------------------------------
    Aug 20 11:59:16 server1 sshd[14669]: pam_unix(sshd:auth): authentication failure; logname= uid=0 euid=0 tty=ssh ruser= rhost=my.remotehost.com user=dev
    Aug 20 11:59:17 server1 sshd[14669]: Failed password for dev from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx port 58624 ssh2
    Aug 20 11:59:17 server1 sshd[14669]: Connection closed by xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx [preauth]

Hello,

For this log, it looks like you have an FTP Profile with a Private/Public key, but also have a Password Saved. Please make sure in the Profiles dialog, in your specific profile, that "Save Password" is disabled, even if you have a blank password in the text entry.

If this is configured, we'll want to step through and make sure the Profile is configured correctly. Are you able to connect to this SFTP server using another client, like Filezilla? This would help verify that it is configured to work as an SFTP and not just SSH.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

So after testing a lot, we found out that the password had some trick in it. So it working fine. Sorry for the misunderstanding...

As for the SSH key, I found out that Beyond Compare doesn't support the default OpenSSH key created by Linux or OSX (in DSA). I have a key generate by openSSH which works on many Linux servers, but it seems like beyond compare only support its own (Putty).

Is there a way to fix this?

Hello,

Are you finding that all OpenSSH keys are failing? Would you be able to generate a key pair and email them to us at support@scootersoftware.com with a link back to this forum thread for our reference?

We've had some issues with specific OpenSSH private/public pairs, but re-generating often provides a working key.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Hi,

I just tried to regenerate openSSH private/public pairs and it works fine. However, my current key is used on more than 10 linux servers and changing all of then would be a pain...

If it can help, my original SSH key has the option DES-EDE3-CBC encryption in the private file, which the new private doesn't have. The key was generate many months/years ago so I can't remember where it was generate, but it works on Linux and OSX SSH connection, and connecting to Linux SFTP using OSX console.