X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • avianrand
    New User
    • Jun 2014

Smartphone SD card not showing up in BC3

I need to compare the contents of a folder on my computer to the contents of the SD card in my phone. My phone shows up fine in my Windows 7 Explorer and I can copy files to and from the SD card. But the phone does not seem to be available inside BC3. I've tried mapping it to a drive letter but can't seem to be able to do that either. I've also tried copying and posting the apparent phone path into the BC window but that doesn't work. Any ideas on this?

Thanks.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Most new phones use the MTP standard to connect, which is not a drive letter. BC3 does not support MTP, but BC4's beta has added this support. You can download to test it here:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/beta.php
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Aaron
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

I should add, if this is an Android device, you can install an FTP server as an app, and then access it with BC3 that way as well.
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• avianrand
        New User
        • Jun 2014

Wonderful. Great timing. Thanks. So far so good. When is it coming out of beta?

Comment

• Aaron
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

We do not have an announced date yet, but we are wrapping up the polishing needed and are shooting for soon. It varies a bit depending on the feedback we get on the latest beta build, which had a very large changelog.
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...