• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ScoobyDoo
    Enthusiast
    • Jul 2013

Why is folder yellow

Hello,

I did a folder compare for a larger dataset. Some of the folders are shown in yellow color. In the manual it says:

"A folder will be yellow if auto-scan is turned off and you haven't opened the folder yet. Once you manually open the folder (and possibly its subfolders) it will be colored appropriately."

But if you do a comparison a folder can be still yellow, if you have a file which denied access or? Because in the folders i had some files which denied access. E. g. The following file is a copy of a user profile to an external hard disk, which i wanted to copy to another external disk:

25.05.2014 10:09:03 Unable to load Z:\Backups\BackupBenutzerprofil_XXX\\AppData\Local \Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive: Zugriff verweigert

If i click on this file in Explorer and look at the security settings it shows that that i - as an adminstrator - should as member of the group "administrators" have full rights with this file. Is this now a problem with BC or is there something weird with the UAC going on?
    Edit: if i turn off UAC BC shows correctly that the folders are the same. So its a probleme with UAC So just an answer to the question: If folder is yellow in comparison it means that there have been files which BC was not able to open? --End of Edit--
    2) some folder have a letter in brackets shown - like (r) (h) i could not find in the manual what it means - where can i find it?

Greetings!
    Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 25-May-2014, 08:09 AM.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Being an Administrator account and running a program with Administrator privileges are two separate steps that need to be followed on a Vista+ machine. You'll need to right click the BC3 shortcut, then use "Run As Administrator" (or, add this option in the right click -> Properties, Compatibility tab). We do not support prompting for UAC access; we run with the access given at launch.

For the brackets, those are the attributes (Read Only, Hidden, Archive, or System). If you don't like that info next to the file name, you can right click in the column headers (Name, Date, Size) and add the "Attributes" column to pull them out from the file name and put them in their own column.

Does this help explain the behavior you are seeing? Let us know if you have any questions.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...