Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks for the inquiry. It looks like we do have a limitation in place to only set to com.apple.finder. The developer in charge of this area is out of the office today, but I can check in with her on Monday if this was done to fix a bug or if it can be expanded. If you are confident, you could edit your own Info.Plist to remove our limiting entry and reboot to test; otherwise we can resume troubleshooting on Monday.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Do you have an update on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Thanks for the inquiry. It looks like we do have a limitation in place to only set to com.apple.finder. The developer in charge of this area is out of the office today, but I can check in with her on Monday if this was done to fix a bug or if it can be expanded. If you are confident, you could edit your own Info.Plist to remove our limiting entry and reboot to test; otherwise we can resume troubleshooting on Monday.

We're still investigating the impact, but I edited the Beyond Compare.app/Contents/Info.plist and removed the 4 <string>com.apple.finder</string> entries from each of the NSMenuItem sections. How does this edit work for you?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

I made the edits but it does not appear to enable the functionality.

Hello,

Our developer has dug a bit deeper and found the full edit requires deleting the <key> and the <string> for each of the 4 NSMenuItem entries. After a reboot, it is working in Finder and in Path Finder.

This changes:
    <dict>
    <key>NSApplicationIdentifier</key>
    <string>com.apple.finder</string>
    </dict>

to

<dict/>

in each of the four places com.apple.finder appears. This will be patched into the next release of BC4, or you can manually update your .app and apply the changes early.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Just a quick thank you for this info Aaron/Scooter. This issue had been bugging me for months and I was seriously considering which tool was more important in my workflow, but now that you've provided a solution I can rest easy and actually get things done like I used to.

I feel like many developers would not provide a fix like this before it's patched officially, and the fact that you provide this fix for us without making us wait for patch testing and integration is just another reason why I have been singing the praises of Scooter Software and Beyond Compare for over 10 years now!