Feature Request: Recursive attributes (permissions)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xaro
    New User
    • Apr 2014

Feature Request: Recursive attributes (permissions)

Hi!

The new Beyond Compare 4 is awesome, it has so many new features and great things!

Having said that, I really miss one feature, that's to set permissions for a folder recursively.
    The normal permissions are available by right clicking a folder, then choosing the 'Attributes' option. However that seems to be just for the selected folder.

Most FTP programs (for example FileZilla, WinSCP) have an checkbox with 'Set group, owner and permissions recursively', or something similar.

I know that Beyond Compare's primary goal is to compare, however this feature would be really handy.

Thank you for reading/considering the request!
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Thanks. We'll look into implementing this for the Owner/Group. Since the dialog is currently universal (and it would be a bit weird to give folders and files the same chmod recursively) we only set the currently selected item. For now, I would suggest right clicking the folder you want to set recursively, and Open In New View. This will launch a new tab with just that folder as the top level. You can now use the Expand All command, Select All, and set the attributes on the entire selection.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...