X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skaforey
    Journeyman
    • Apr 2008

Finding best matching image

This may be a complete long shot, but is there a good way to find the "best match" given an input picture to a directory of images?

A little background. I am doing a screen capture of a portion of the screen and I want to find out which "image" is being displayed. The captured area will be one of about 400 different images.

I need to find out which this is. To add even more to the problem, it would be ideal if this could be done from the command line.

Any guidance would be appreciated.
  • Chris
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Sorry, Beyond Compare doesn't provide a way to search a directory of images for a best match to a single image.

Image comparison in the current version is limited to a pair of files at a time using the Picture Compare.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• skaforey
      Journeyman
      • Apr 2008

I figured as much. I'm assuming I could use a script that would generate a report for all comparisons and then read the output of all of the reports

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Scripting can be done on a file level (2 files), a folder level (2 folders, showing file names), or load two folders, select a specific criteria of files (different.files) and generate the file level report on all of the selected files.

For the later, a basic example would be:
        load "c:\folder1" "c:\folder2"
        expand all
        select all.newer.files all.older.files all.different.files
        file-report layout:side-by-side output-to:"c:\bcreport.html" output-options:html-color

We have additional script documentation in the Help file -> Using Beyond Compare -> Automating with Script chapter.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...