X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lmendoza
    New User
    • Jan 2014

Corrupted Copies

On Version 4.0 beta (build 17905) running on OS X 10.9.2, when copying large numbers of files e.g. videos, the copies are corrupted.
  • lmendoza
    New User
    • Jan 2014

Update:
    I took a closer look and it turns out that the problem happens when copying files to NTFS formatted disks. I tried copying large folders with Finder to the NTFS disk and the error still happened. My machine has Paragon NTFS for Mac OS X version 10. I updated to the newest version of the driver (ver 11), rebooted, then retried the copy operations with Beyond Compare and the files are no longer being corrupted.

In summary, it was the Paragon NTFS driver version 10 that was causing the problem.

Comment

• Aaron
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Thanks for the follow-up! We hope this helps other customers who might also run into this.
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• cstern
        Fanatic
        • Feb 2008

I can recommend Tuxera NTFS for mac. Really reliable and "light load" on the system. Cheap too (you can legally use the same license on all your computers, of they are only used by you)
        http://www.tuxera.com/products/tuxera-ntfs-for-mac/

Comment

• SlasherMCT
          New User
          • Jul 2014

Paragon unreliable

I wrote a program to flatten a directory structure in Java - i.e. it moved all files in subfolders into the top level folder and then deleted the subfolders. Because it is a program it can issue move and delete requests very fast.

I was getting all sorts of nonsensical errors until I remembered I was running against an NTFS drive using Paragon NTFS. I copied the folder structure onto a MAC OSX HFS file system and repeated my testing and all of the errors went away.

It looks as though I would have to pay Paragon to tell them about a problem with their driver. er, no thanks!

Comment

Working...