• Show
Clear All
  • Dave_L
    Veteran
    • Dec 2007

Session menu - click and release causes action

BC 4.0.0.17677, BC 4.0.0.17887
    Ubuntu 12.04.4

When I left-click and release on the Session menu, sometimes, instead of the menu simply opening, an action is immediately performed. This doesn't always happen.

I don't recall this behavior with any of the other menus.
    Last edited by Dave_L; 04-Apr-2014, 09:54 AM. Reason: added reference to build 17887
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

You are referring to the "Sessions" toolbar button which drops down and shows the list of sessions to load, correct?

Which action is sometimes performed when you click the briefcase button? The expected behavior is to expand and slow a list of menu items (with a default selection on the first item, the New folder).
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Dave_L
      Veteran
      • Dec 2007

Yes, I'm referring to the "Sessions" toolbar button.

Sometimes click-and-release causes it to expand and show a list of menu items.

I just did a test, and click-and-release resulted in the New Window action.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Would it be possible to get a copy of your Support.zip from the Help menu -> Support; Export emailed to [email protected] ?

Please also include a link to this forum thread in the email. I've tested on a Ubuntu 12.04 vm, but the Sessions button expands the menu, but I am not seeing the behavior you are describing.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Dave_L
          Veteran
          • Dec 2007

Ok, but that includes some private data, such as file names and SSH keys, so I'll need to go through it first and "munge" some details.

Comment

• Aaron
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Please do review any of the information in the generated .zip. It would have filenames in the MRU, but what ssh keys would you be referring to? It shouldn't include any actual keys, but might contain the path to their file location.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Dave_L
              Veteran
              • Dec 2007

There's an entry in BCProfiles.xml that looks like an ssh key:

Code:
              <TFtpDefaultProfile>
                <Global>
                  <AddKeysToCache Value="True"/>
                    <TrustedKeys>
                        <_0 Value="XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:XX=ssh-rsa XXXXXXXXXX...
              The X's and ... represent munged data.

I think the value is one of the entries in the ~/.ssh/known_hosts file.

It's not that I don't trust you guys, I just like to follow good security practices by limiting what info I distribute.

Comment

• Zoë
                Team Scooter
                • Oct 2007

Those are the public keys of servers you've connected to. They aren't a security risk; any client that connects to the server will receive it before it tries to log in.
                Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• Dave_L
                  Veteran
                  • Dec 2007

It occurred to me that I had previously set up a additional Linux "test" user account for running BC.

I'm emailing you the BCSupport.zip for that user.

Comment

• Dave_L
                    Veteran
                    • Dec 2007

I can consistently replicate the problem doing the following:

1. Launch BC
                    2. Session (menu button) >> New Session >> Folder Compare
                    3. Left-click and release on Session menu button

The last step opens a new BC window.

Comment

• Aaron
                      Team Scooter
                      • Oct 2007

Thanks for the steps and sample files. I'm still not seeing this on my own Ubuntu 12.04 test system. We do have some differences introduced in our toolbar behavior in BC4, so we may have a specific issue that's difficult to reproduce. I did try:
                      1) Launch BC4
                      2) Session menu -> New Session -> Folder Compare
                      3a) Session menu -> Left click and hold, then release
                      3b) Sessions toolbar button -> left click and hold, then release.

Both seem to work as expected. Perhaps we have something different with our environments, either mouse drivers or one of the helper libraries. Do you have all updates applied to 12.04 (using apt-get update and the Update Manager)?

You sent in a specific user's bcsupport package. In their environment, when they run BC4, the issue reproduces, correct?
                      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...