X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mmcfly
    Visitor
    • Mar 2014

WebDAV Scan

I'm using the new WebDAV capability. I'm also using the folder sync.

In my case, my local and destination folders are all named using numbers. There are no subfolders.

When scanning the destination WebDAV drive, BC reported a 404 error when it tried to access a folder that doesn't exist. The folders it was trying to scan never existed locally or at the destination. Here's the report:

3/27/2014 10:43:01 AM Unable to load https://webdav.host.com/companyname/PurchaseOrders/20129/20121: HTTP error 404: Not Found
    3/27/2014 10:43:01 AM Unable to load https://webdav.host.com/companyname/PurchaseOrders/5289/5278: HTTP error 404: Not Found

3/27/2014 10:52:00 AM Successfully synchronized 24 items. Completed in 5 minutes, 8 seconds.

There is a 20129 folder with files in it. There is also a 20121 folder with files in it. But there was never a 20129 folder with a 20121 folder in it. Likewise with 5289 and 5278.

I've used this to sync several times now and this is the first time the error came up. Even though the error was reported, all folders synced properly.

Thanks for adding WebDAV to the capabilities. I know from personal experience that writing code to interact with it isn't a lot of fun.

Using BC4 build 17677.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Thanks for the report. This does look like it'll be a tricky one to track down.

If you reconnect to the resource, are you able to still reproduce the error? Does the 20129\ folder allow for expansion in the GUI, and show the /20121/ subfolder that could also be expanded (and then, likely, throw some kind of error)?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• mmcfly
      Visitor
      • Mar 2014

Yes, it just did the same again. The 20129 folder will expand, but only shows files and no 20121 folder. Same with the 5289 and 5278. It's funny that it's the same two again.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Would it be possible to get remote access that we could connect and troubleshoot against? It could be to a limited set of subfolders.

We might also be able to use a Wireshark log (http://www.wireshark.org/) if you are comfortable generating one of them.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• mmcfly
          Visitor
          • Mar 2014

Sure. I'm writing a service to watch a directory and transfer items automatically to a WebDAV library. I've got a deadline on that so it'll be a week or so out before I have some time. Then we'll give it a shot. Just let me know how I can contact you.

Comment

• Aaron
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Email us at [email protected] and include a link back to this forum thread. You can throw ATTN: Aaron in the subject and mention something like "WebDav Test Account"

No rush, but thanks for setting up access. That always makes troubleshooting things like this much easier.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...