• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AlexMannW
    Enthusiast
    • Jan 2008

[Feature Requests] on folder comparison report

Hi.
    Chris already knows about one part ( (a) ) of this feature request because we talked about that via mail (under my work email). In addition while working with the new and really cool feature we appreciate "embedded file comparisons" we like to issue some more features on this as follows:

(a) BC4 shall expose the option "include links to file reports" (yes|no) to the scripting interface.

(b) In dialog windows "Text Compare Report", behind command "Session/Text Compare Report...", BC4 shall offer also options to control the layout of the file report pages themselves. Generally spoken all options known from menu entry "View" known from the GUI while being in a (text) file comparison, shall be available as options for the report. At least following view options shall be available:
    (b1) Radio-Button for alternatives: 'View/Show All', 'View/Show Same'
    (b2) Option to enable|disable 'View/Show Context'
    (b3) Option to enable|disable 'Ignore Unimportant Differences'
    (b4) Again, maybe [some of] the other stuff in the Menu "View" also make sense to be put to the Report options and maybe w/o much effort for you guys.
    Options (b1), (b2), (b3) we really need.

(c) All options of (b) shall be also exposed to scripting interface of BC4.

Thanks in advance and best regards,
    Alexander Mann-Wahrenberg
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Thanks for the feedback. We do already have notes for a) in our Wishlist.

For B), if you set these options in the main interface before launching the report, these view options are used. Depending on the report type you are generating, some may/may not be available, but most of these are at least present in the Side-By-Side report. Is this the behavior you are looking for?

c) And, it is on our wishlist to enhance and expand our scripting. I'll add these specific examples to our entry on the subject.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• AlexMannW
      Enthusiast
      • Jan 2008

Aaron,

to (b): I'll already expecting something like this and it seemed to me like this, but I wasn't sure and I wanted to double-check

to (a) and (c): Thanks in advance!

Best wished to the beautiful Wisconsin,
      Alexander

P.S: Just to have a rough idea: When do you think, roughly, the scripting enhancements (a) and also (c) could be available in some beta? Is it days, weeks, months? I ask because some party in our company, heavy users of BC3.5Pro, are just about to buy some BC4-Pro licenses only because of the features (a), (b), (c).

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

B already exists in BC3 and BC4; you wouldn't need to upgrade to get it.

For Wishlist items (a and c), these are things that are not currently scheduled, but a place our developers go to get ideas for future features. We're pretty booked up development wise right now, so we don't have a schedule for if/when these could get implemented, but they're good ideas we'd like to implement down the road.

I would recommend upgrading only if the next version contains the features you want/need. There's a hefty amount of new stuff in there you might want to check out:
        http://www.scootersoftware.com/beta....beta4_whatsnew

With more stuff coming soon as we polish up the BC4beta and get ready to launch 4.0.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...