X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrestomanci
    Enthusiast
    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Aaron
    Thanks for the link. What kind of graphics card/drivers would you be using? Still running Ubuntu 12.04 with LXDE?
    I don't know about Dave_L, but I am running Ubuntu 14.04 with XFCE.

I have attached the lshw hardware description.

Comment

• chrestomanci
      Enthusiast
      • Jan 2008

I have also just noticed that on my dual monitor setup, sometimes when I click on that profiles button, the list of profiles appears on the other monitor, instead of just under the button.

Perhaps the bug is related to the dual monitor setup, which you probably did not test in your VM.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

We don't do as much dual monitor testing on Linux, but we do run with dual monitors normally. I just booted up Ubuntu 14.04 and tried to reproduce. You mention it does not always occur; how often does it occur? Do you notice a pattern or position that makes it occur more often?
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• chrestomanci
          Enthusiast
          • Jan 2008

We don't do as much dual monitor testing on Linux, but we do run with dual monitors normally. I just booted up Ubuntu 14.04 and tried to reproduce. You mention it does not always occur; how often does it occur? Do you notice a pattern or position that makes it occur more often?
          On my machine, the left monitor is the primary and the right the secondary.

If I move the BC4 window to the right (secondary) screen, and click the profiles button then the list of profiles Always opens on the other monitor.

If BC4 is on the left (secondary) screen, then the list of profiles opens in the correct place.

Comment

• chrestomanci
            Enthusiast
            • Jan 2008

Hello,

We setup a test VM in the office and were unable to repeat this bug. What kind of graphics card are you using, with any specially configured drivers?
            I have just attempted to reproduce the bug on my home computer, and cannot.

It runs the same Linux Distro with the same kernel, but has substantaly different hardware (CPU, chipset, GPU etc). I have attached the lshw output for that computer. Unfurtunately it shows a large number of differences. With luck something in there will be obvous to you.

Comment

Working...