Default Entire word comparison in BC4

Hello Scooter Team

I'm trying to compare 2 XMLs in the Beyond Compare 4 GUI. The comparison should compare everything in the XML tags/attribute and also the data value.

for example -

Left File -
    <financialInstitution> ABC

Right File -
    <incomeEventDefinitions> XYZ

What happens is the content inside the tags <> is not compared as a entire word but on a character-by-character basis. The above characters marked in Italics didn't match and BC4 highlighed only those particular characters as differences rather than highlighting the complete word as a valid difference. I would want to do a complete word comparison even inside the XML tags.
    I hope I'm clear with the explanation of the issue.

(I'm using BC4 version 4.0 beta currently in the evaluation period but my company has bought a licence for this tool and will be using a licenced version)

Can you help with this?

Thanks

Hi Team

Any reply on this?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jvh View Post
    Hello Scooter Team

I'm trying to compare 2 XMLs in the Beyond Compare 4 GUI. The comparison should compare everything in the XML tags/attribute and also the data value.

for example -

Left File -
    <financialInstitution> ABC

Right File -
    <incomeEventDefinitions> XYZ

What happens is the content inside the tags <> is not compared as a entire word but on a character-by-character basis. The above characters marked in Italics didn't match and BC4 highlighed only those particular characters as differences rather than highlighting the complete word as a valid difference. I would want to do a complete word comparison even inside the XML tags.
    I hope I'm clear with the explanation of the issue.

(I'm using BC4 version 4.0 beta currently in the evaluation period but my company has bought a licence for this tool and will be using a licenced version)

Can you help with this?

Thanks

Sorry, differences are colored per-character in Beyond Compare 4 beta's Text Compare. It isn't possible to color an entire word different of some of the character are different.

We're working on a dedicated XML comparison tool for BC that will offer more powerful XML comparison options, but we don't have a release date set for it right now.
    Chris K Scooter Software

I'm trying to do something similar here and wondering if there is an update to being able to highlight a word difference between 2 files instead of character differences on a line.

Hello,

We don't have this capability in BC4, but if you have example files and screenshots you would like to post or email us at support@scootersoftware.com, I can include them in our entry on the subject. If emailed, please include a link back to this forum thread for our reference.

Are you mostly dealing with documents containing written prose/paragraphs/etc?
    Aaron P Scooter Software