Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grindax
    Fanatic
    • Feb 2011

Still no keepalives in the latest beta (build 18262) ?

Comment

• Aaron
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

No, this is still an open entry and we haven't had the resources to investigate it yet.
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• grindax
        Fanatic
        • Feb 2011

Please tell me this (keepalives) is still on the list to be implemented for BC4 final.

Comment

• Chris
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

Keepalive is still on our feature wish list, but it does not have a release date set right now.
          Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• grindax
            Fanatic
            • Feb 2011

I must admit I was a bit disappointed when reading the changelog for 4.0.1 and saw no mention of keepalives.

Comment

• Aaron
              Team Scooter
              • Oct 2007

As I'm sure you noticed, the changelog for 4.0.1 contains a large list of bug fixes for the 4.0 release. We've been quite busy trying to get some of those issues resolved, and have a few other high priority tracker entries we need to fix soon. We'll then be able to revisit adding support for features like this. It's still on our wishlist; we haven't closed it
              Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• grindax
                Fanatic
                • Feb 2011

I guess you know what I'm going to say. Scanning through the 4.1 changelog, I'm disappointed once again to see no mention of keepalives for SFTP.

Comment

• Aaron
                  Team Scooter
                  • Oct 2007

Sorry, we haven't been able to tackle this one yet. 64bit support was a very large project to tackle and took a lot of development time from some of our developers, including one of them that would have looked into this part of the Customer Wishlist.
                  Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• grindax
                    Fanatic
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Aaron
                    Sorry, we haven't been able to tackle this one yet. 64bit support was a very large project to tackle and took a lot of development time from some of our developers, including one of them that would have looked into this part of the Customer Wishlist.
                    With v4.1 (and v4.1.1) out of the way, and 64-bit support now implemented, I hope this long-awaited improvement (keepalives) is now on the horizon to be implemented soon!

Comment

• Aaron
                      Team Scooter
                      • Oct 2007

Thanks for the enthusiasm, grindax. I'll bump the wishlist entry a bit.
                      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• grindax
                        Fanatic
                        • Feb 2011

How far away is keepalives from being implemented? If there's very little prospect of it being done anytime soon, please just say so rather than stringing me along. This is another one of those things that has been spoken about for multiple years now, with nothing to show for it.

Comment

• Aaron
                          Team Scooter
                          • Oct 2007

Apologies, grindax. There's no intent to string you along. Our Customer Wishlist entries are not currently scheduled projects, and we haven't been able to tackle Keep Alive yet. It's not a lack of intention, but that we have many projects, enhancements, and bug fixes that have had priority. We gather all user feedback and try to link projects together to help schedule features, and haven't been able to work this one in. We don't have a timeframe for it, so please don't wait for the specific feature implementation (but it also isn't being removed from the potential pool of projects).
                          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• grindax
                            Fanatic
                            • Feb 2011

So did SFTP keepalives not make it into BC5? After being discussed in several posts during the BC3 and BC4 product lifespans.

Comment

• Aaron
                              Team Scooter
                              • Oct 2007

Sorry, grindax. BC5.0 has some new features in it, but we weren't able to tackle everything we wanted to at launch. There's a lot of under-the-hood maintenance and development that took a lot of resources, and once we get that core polished and released for BC5.0, we'll be able to revisit some of these older feature requests.
                              Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• ingenuitor
                                Enthusiast
                                • Mar 2008

I would also love to see some of the SFTP issues worked out, even a way to to just use a plugin like WinSCP would be ideal, or FileZilla would be amazing, when it comes to really large compares, 20,000 -100,000 + files per a directory, those are the only two FTP software up for the task that list quickly, FileZilla funny enough is the fastest. We will be looking closer at BC5, so glad it's starting to evolve again, IMHO it's the best out here and is in real need of some updates. Thanks guys for all your hard work and all the best in your week.

Comment

Working...