X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zippy99
    Visitor
    • Jun 2013

Close Window shortcut not always working

If I double-click on a file that only exists on one side of my folder comparison, it opens up and displays in just one side as you'd expect. However I can't close that window with Cmd+W. I have to click on the X in the tab instead.

Cmd+W works as expected when the file exists in both the folders I'm comparing.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Thanks for the report. This behavior isn't reproducing on my system. Could you email us at [email protected] with a copy of your BCSupport.zip (Beyond Compare menu -> Support; Export), which OSX version you are running, and a link back to this forum thread for our reference?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• zippy99
      Visitor
      • Jun 2013

Exported support file sent.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Thanks for the file and the follow-up. I'm still not seeing this behavior reproduce on our OSX 10.9 or 10.9.1 test machines with your settings file. My testing workflow is to load a couple of folders into the Folder Compare, then double click on orphans on the left, right or a pair of files. Then attempt a Cmd+W to close the tab (which has consistently worked so far).

Perhaps there is something specific to how you are loading and what you are comparing. How do you launch BC4? How do you then load into the Folder Compare (as specifically as you can describe)? What types of locations, and files, are you loading? I'll try to mirror your actions as closely as I can to reproduce the behavior.

We can also continue troubleshooting by email if you'd prefer.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• zippy99
          Visitor
          • Jun 2013

I'm not getting the problem now either, very strange.

I've checked the log and I last reloaded BC on 28/1/14 so a reload can't be the reason it's ok now. I've retried with the four open sessions I still have and their fine too. I'm sure it's happened before so I'll keep an eye on things to see if I can reproduce the problem. Thanks for checking things on your end.

Graham

Comment

Working...