Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default If I buy Pro 3 now, can I have a free upgrade to v4?

Pretty please? Or should I wait til 4 is out fully?

Details can be found here:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/beta....beta4_howtobuy

"New licenses purchased after 1/1/2013 upgrade for free." which would qualify you for a free upgrade.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

A little later today we will be publishing a link for buying BC4 licenses or upgrading BC3 licenses.
    Tim T Scooter Software

Aaron P Scooter Software

To sweeten the deal, we're having a virtual Grand Opening next week, January 30th and 31st! On those days, the coupon code HELLOBC4 will give you a 10% discount on any BC4 license or upgrade.
    But of course the code doesn't work now, we still have to wait a week. What a tease!

(Actually, I'm tempted to forgo the discount and pay full price anyway, just to say thanks for one of the most useful programs that I've kept in my toolkit for over a decade now.)

We're still working out the kinks in the system, so this gives us a few more days before the rush to get the discounted price.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Unhappy

I have a Pro license for Windows but I plan to also use Beyond Compare on Mac OS X after 4.0 is released. But in your upgrade calculator I noticed that a multi-platform license would be more expensive than two single licenses (for Windows and Mac). Is that intended? Do you plan on offering a discount for customers that only need a license for two platforms?

Hello,

Which configuration did you place into the Upgrade Calculator? A single Windows Pro license upgraded to two Pro licenses (Windows and OSX) is more expensive than a single Multi Pro license (or even a Pro Windows, Std OSX, which would be a reduced feature set).

If you need any help with your order, please email us at sales@scootersoftware.com and we can work through the specifics.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

My question was if you plan to offer a multi-platform license for two instead of three platforms with a discount over buying two separate (pro) licenses?

No, we don't plan to offer a two platform license for version 4.

For BC4 we will have single platform and multi platform licenses. The multi platform (Windows, Linux, and Mac) licenses for version 4 are priced the same as the dual platform licenses were in version 3.
    Chris K Scooter Software