X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WayneTheCat
    Journeyman
    • Jan 2014

Bug/Request: Deselect Items

I have a folder compare with a files list that fills about 2/3 of the vertical space in the list. I select one or multiple files. When I then click on the white space below the file listing, I would expect all files to be deselected (like in Finder window). But this does not happen. Maybe this is a feature request, but for me this looks like a bug.

Thank you, kind regards
    Last edited by WayneTheCat; 23-Jan-2014, 07:46 AM.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

BC4 does not have a de-selected state. When you first start up, the first line is selected. You would need to select a specific other line in order to move the selection.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• WayneTheCat
      Journeyman
      • Jan 2014

Sorry I think you did not understand what I mean - please check the attached screenshot, I hope this will clarify. When I cmd-click the two items, they do become deselected...

Comment

• Tim
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Thanks, we'll look into changing that.
        Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

• TechHarmony
          Visitor
          • Mar 2009

Good suggestion.
          I would vote for this also.
          Having an 'official' way to deselect whatever is currently selected (turn off the highlighted focused line(s)). Similar to how may graphics programs have a way to deselect an existing selection area with a specific key combo.

I did discover that the analogous keys in Windows, that is: Control-Click , does work to deselect an item and get it to be not-highlighted.

I had searched in the Help file on "deselect", but none of the three hits which gave an actual command to use, only referring to invert selection.

In the event that a dedicated key combo is long in coming, perhaps a specific couple of lines could be added to the Help File.
          As perhaps: "Control-Click (or Command-Click on Mac) will deselect and item. (un-highlight the line item(s))"

P.S. I was just using a couple of the Nirsoft tools and they use the "Control-D" as the key combo for specific "Deselect" in their Edit menu. Which I seem to recall is a common key combo in other programs for Deselect.

Thanks.
          Last edited by TechHarmony; 12-Jul-2017, 08:59 PM.

Comment

• Aaron
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Hello,

Appreciate those examples. I'll add those notes to our entry on the subject.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...