Default stream, what stream?

Using B.C.3 I compared two files, one on the desktop and its copy on a dvd. I got an error, that I write below (I am compelled to mask the filename, but it is meaningless since its the same on both sides). I am sure that it is related to the dvd, but it might be better if the error message said where the error comes from: hard disk or dvd? The complete path might be enough. So this is on my wish-list for B.C.4.

Thank You and regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

21/01/2014 11:09:19 Username: FARMDOMNT\admin_rgiovanninetti
    21/01/2014 11:09:20 Load comparison: D:\ <-> C:\Users\admin_rgiovanninetti\Desktop
    21/01/2014 11:19:25 Unable to compare ********.***: Stream read error
    21/01/2014 11:19:25 Failed to compare 1 items. Completed in 9 minutes, 58 seconds.

Also, it might be useful to have a icon that shows the error, something like the one that is used when I get "Access is denied" for a folder.
    When I get a "Access is denied" error for a folder I see a specific icon, and I would like to see a specific icon also when I get "Access is denied" error for a file.
    I mean, two different icons, one for access error, and one for stream error, for files.

Thank You again and regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

Thanks for the suggestions, Rodolfo. Improving our sided reporting is on our wishlist, and I'll add this example to our notes.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Today, I just had the same issue.
    I compare backup of a file on a local dvd with the remote original.
    I get a stream error, but I do not know where is the error.
    I am using B.C. 4.2, is there any tweak/debug setting I can change to find out where is the error?

Regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

Hello,

Sorry, we haven't been able to tackle this one yet, but is still on our wishlist to improve our logging.
    Aaron P Scooter Software