X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RodolfoGiovanninetti
    Veteran
    • Oct 2007

stream, what stream?

Using B.C.3 I compared two files, one on the desktop and its copy on a dvd. I got an error, that I write below (I am compelled to mask the filename, but it is meaningless since its the same on both sides). I am sure that it is related to the dvd, but it might be better if the error message said where the error comes from: hard disk or dvd? The complete path might be enough. So this is on my wish-list for B.C.4.

Thank You and regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

21/01/2014 11:09:19 Username: FARMDOMNT\admin_rgiovanninetti
    21/01/2014 11:09:20 Load comparison: D:\ <-> C:\Users\admin_rgiovanninetti\Desktop
    21/01/2014 11:19:25 Unable to compare ********.***: Stream read error
    21/01/2014 11:19:25 Failed to compare 1 items. Completed in 9 minutes, 58 seconds.
  • RodolfoGiovanninetti
    Veteran
    • Oct 2007

Also, it might be useful to have a icon that shows the error, something like the one that is used when I get "Access is denied" for a folder.
    When I get a "Access is denied" error for a folder I see a specific icon, and I would like to see a specific icon also when I get "Access is denied" error for a file.
    I mean, two different icons, one for access error, and one for stream error, for files.

Thank You again and regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

Comment

• Aaron
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Thanks for the suggestions, Rodolfo. Improving our sided reporting is on our wishlist, and I'll add this example to our notes.
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• RodolfoGiovanninetti
        Veteran
        • Oct 2007

Today, I just had the same issue.
        I compare backup of a file on a local dvd with the remote original.
        I get a stream error, but I do not know where is the error.
        I am using B.C. 4.2, is there any tweak/debug setting I can change to find out where is the error?

Regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

Comment

• Aaron
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

Hello,

Sorry, we haven't been able to tackle this one yet, but is still on our wishlist to improve our logging.
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...