Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks. We'll look into this. In the meantime, the workaround would be to perform a Full Refresh (which will throw away the content compare stats), which should then allow you to re-run the sync on any remaining different files.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

I am afraid that removing the settings haven't helped me.
    Sync right/left and copy left/right do always set the timestamp to the current date/time and not the original date/time. That was different upto the version from 27. Dec. 2013 - and in all older versions, too.

Kind regards,
    Frank

Hi Frank,

Are you copying between internal disks, or from an internal to an external drive?
    If you are copying to an external drive, what kind of drive is it (flash drive or hard drive, usb 2, usb 3, firewire)?
    Chris K Scooter Software

Frank,

The December 20th release added support for copying extended attributes and that could have been what broke it. Testing here, the timestamps are set correctly, but the current release does do that part of it after copying the timestamp, so depending on the environment it's possible the file system is treating that as another change. I've switched the order of operations for the next release; if you want to try a nightly build you can email support@scootersoftware.com about it.

Alternatively, there's information on dealing with them from the command line here: http://www.scootersoftware.com/vbull...t=12726&page=2 I would guess that if you copy files that don't have extended attributes that they'll get the correct timestamp.
    ZoŽ P Scooter Software

Quote Originally Posted by fkbecker View Post
    Hi there,

I use BeyondCompare 4 (Current Beta) and I am always syncing my backups with "Copy to right" or "Copy to left". But the timestamp of the copied file is not (as in former versions) kept - it is set to the current date-time! IS there an option which I haven't found or is this really a bug?

BeyondCompare becomes nearly unusable with this behavior for me :-(

Cheers,
    Frank
    I have experienced the same problem as the OP. When using the Mac version (build 17451) to sync folders, some of the files and folders did not retain their timestamps correctly. When syncing those same folders using BC3 in Parallels/Windows the timestamps were retained properly. The problem is intermittent however. I noticed it yesterday but now I can't seem to reproduce it at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Frank,

The December 20th release added support for copying extended attributes and that could have been what broke it. Testing here, the timestamps are set correctly, but the current release does do that part of it after copying the timestamp, so depending on the environment it's possible the file system is treating that as another change. I've switched the order of operations for the next release; if you want to try a nightly build you can email support@scootersoftware.com about it.

Alternatively, there's information on dealing with them from the command line here: http://www.scootersoftware.com/vbull...t=12726&page=2 I would guess that if you copy files that don't have extended attributes that they'll get the correct timestamp.
    Hi There,

it definitely started with the version from december and I still have the problem. If you can send me a nightly build which removes this it would be great. At the current time I always must compare the whole file binary to avoid this :-( Dealing with 500GB + external HDDs it takes a LONG time for synch ......

Cheers, Frank

We're currently mid-testing the next release and getting ready to push it out the door. Keep an eye on the Downloads page or alter the Check for Updates configuration to check once a day and you should receive notification soon.

If you do need something immediately, you can email us at support@scootersoftware.com with a link back to this forum post.
    Aaron P Scooter Software