• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skallsen
    Visitor
    • Jan 2014

How to ignore orphans?

Hi, two questions:

1) how come when I open folders to compare them that I must still open every file to get it to report whether or not there are differences between the files? If I am comparing a folder of 400 files it would be nice to not have to open each one.

2) How can I make the program ignore orphans (blue lines) that don't matter?

Thanks!
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

1) Use a Rules-based compare. To do so, I recommend opening the Folder Compare, then the Session menu -> Session Settings, Comparison tab. Leave Timestamp, Size, and Override enabled, then also enable Rules-based compare. This will run the scan on all of your files (similar as if you double clicked and viewed each).

2) Orphan lines are not normally blue in the Text Compare. Blue is reserved for Unimportant differences, which are considered differences, but can be ignored by enabling the Ignore Unimportant Differences toolbar toggle. If you enable this in the Folder Compare, files that contain only blue differences will also be marked as similar. If the Orphan lines contain an Important difference (Red) that difference must have a grammar defined and marked as unimportant; we do not have an option to ignore any orphan line.

Please let us know if you have any questions.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...