X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeff
    New User
    • Dec 2013

data-report export to html output

I'm having trouble scripting a compare with output to an html file. The BeyondCompare scripting gives me an error when i specify any type of html output: html-mono or html-color.

I'm calling a script file that looks like this:
    Code:
    log verbose append:"log%date%.txt"
    data-report layout:interleaved options:display-mismatches title:"LRS Compare" output-to:%1 LRSFeedSession output-options:html-color
    The command line I'm using is:
    Code:
    BComp.com @lrsCompare.txt lrs.html
    The output I'm getting in the log file is:
    Code:
    1/16/2014 10:34:14 AM  >> log verbose append:"log2014-01-16.txt"
    1/16/2014 10:34:14 AM  >> data-report layout:interleaved options:display-mismatches title:"LRS Compare" output-to:c:\lrs.html LRSFeedSession output-options:html-color
    1/16/2014 10:34:14 AM  Fatal Scripting Error: Unexpected argument(s) "LRSFeedSession"
    1/16/2014 10:34:32 AM  Script completed in 18.5 seconds
    Note that when I leave out output-options:html-color there are no errors and a text file is produced but my client really wants HTML as their output. Also, I can output html from this same session using the BeyondCompare interactive tool. Is there some secret to outputing HTML for scripting?
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

The data-report command does not support loading a saved Data Compare session. It can take in a pair of files (which need to be placed after the options parameter):
    data-report layout:interleaved options:display-mismatches title:"LRS Compare" output-to:%1 output-options:html-color "c:\file1" "c:\file2"

If the default Data session settings will work, this is the easiest method.

If you need to load a saved session with saved session settings, it is a little complicated but possible. You would need to load a folder compare session. This session can be loaded in the graphical interface, where you can set a file name filter to show only the files you want to generate the data-report on, then double click the files, setup the child Data Compare Session Settings. Before clicking Ok in this dialog, change from "Use for this View only" to "Apply for all files in parent session".

At the end of this, you would have a saved Folder Compare session, which shows only the pair of data files, aligned, that you wish to compare, and when you double click them the saved child sessions are auto-applied. This session can then be loaded in script, followed with an expand all and select all files. The data-report can also apply to the selection, which would use the saved child session settings.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• jeff
      New User
      • Dec 2013

Hi Aaron
      Thanks for replying. I'm a little confused about your reply though. As I said at the end of my post, if I don't try to output to HTML, then everything works. That means that I am currently using the data-report command with a saved Data Compare session. Can you clarify your comments. I need to be able to do a compare including tolerances for many of my fields.

When I do as you recommend with the the folder compares there doesn't seem to be anywhere in the session settings to set up a data-report session for these files.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

I stand corrected. The Data Session type is also supported.

Then you just need to swap the parameters:
        Code:
        data-report layout:interleaved options:display-mismatches title:"LRS Compare" output-to:"%1" output-options:html-color "LRSFeedSession"
        The comparison objects (session, file names, etc) are always at the very end. I am guessing it works when you do not use html because you are also deleting the output-options: section. I added quotes to help handle any whitespace, too.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...