Clear All
  • Sharlikran
    Enthusiast
    • Jan 2014

Code:
    ^(BEGINGROUP:|ENDGROUP:)(.*)
    ^([a-z\.\d\s\'\(\)_-]+)(\.esp|\.esm)

^(#\sBEGINGROUP:|#\sENDGROUP:)(.*)
    ^(\s{1,2})(-)(\s{1,2})('?)([a-z]{1,4}:)([a-z\.\d\s\'\(\)_-]+)(\.esp|\.esm)('?)
    Those will search through the file and hit the exact text I want, 100% of the time. However, the program can't align those lines between the two files.

Comment

• Aaron
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Hello,

Did you get the email follow-up I sent? I suggested creating a grammar that defines and matches on just "^#" and mark it as unimportant. The BEGINGROUP and #BEGINGROUP lines then match up as long as the Skew is set to scan far enough between the line matches.
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Sharlikran
        Enthusiast
        • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Aaron
        Hello,

Did you get the email follow-up I sent? I suggested creating a grammar that defines and matches on just "^#" and mark it as unimportant. The BEGINGROUP and #BEGINGROUP lines then match up as long as the Skew is set to scan far enough between the line matches.
        Yes I'll stick to just e-mail so I'm not posting in two places sorry about that. I was just sharing the RegEx in case anyone thought there was a better way to define it.

Comment

• esheppa
          Visitor
          • Dec 2013

Another - Help with alignment please!

Hi,

I am also having alignment issues, that I can not seem to resolve. In a Text-Compare (2 way), pdf docs, where one line will spill onto the next and get subsequently marked as an "important change".

I have changed to "Allow positioning beyond the end of line" and increased the number of context lines to 8 (the line can wrap over 2-3 lines max).

Any suggestions please?

thanks!

Comment

• Aaron
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Hello,

Allow position beyond end of line allows you to place the cursor beyond the End of Line character. Any edits in that position will then push the End of Line character far enough out to allow the edit. Enable Visible Whitespace to more easily see the End of Line characters. This option does not control/help comparisons.

If you have text that is broken over two lines on one side, but only one side on the other, this would be a difference. You would need to run an external application to tidy your files, similar to:
            http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...rnalconversion
            Adding a comparison that can wrap around multiple lines is on our wishlist, but not currently supported.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• esheppa
              Visitor
              • Dec 2013

Nuts! and Thanks!

I went through the converters, there is none for pdf?

Comment

• Aaron
                Team Scooter
                • Oct 2007

Hello,

We do not have one to tidy PDF files. There is a conversion happening (PDF to Text) normally for any PDF files.
                Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...