X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amcgee_popcap
    Visitor
    • Apr 2013

Merging from P4V doesn't work

In the last couple of updates, merging hasn't worked for me when using P4V.

I have the location set to: /Applications/Beyond Compare and the arguments set to: %1 %2 %b %r

When I try to resolve/merge a file, it opens up BC, but goes to the regular opening screen like it would if you opened up the app normally. I've tried using bcomp and bcompare, but it either shuts down immediately or has the same behavior I described.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

You'll need to use the command "Install Command Line Tools" to generate bcomp and bcompare, then use those for your version control needs. We have more details here:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/vbull...ad.php?t=11677
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• amcgee_popcap
      Visitor
      • Apr 2013

I've done that already (and had in the past as well). It doesn't seem to be creating an actual merge session for me. It will open BC, but just goes to the Home screen instead of showing the merge session it should create.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Could you provide specific details on the command line and parameters provided? For example, I would expect the path to be /usr/local/bin/bcomp

Does adding quotes around each variable help?:"%1" "%2" "%b" "%r".

If you use the terminal and pass a similar command line (using 4 temp files) does bcomp launch and work as you expect? bcomp "file1" "file2" "center" "output"
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• amcgee_popcap
          Visitor
          • Apr 2013

Well, that seems to work. Previously I was trying to use the bcomp in the actual app itself. Why is there a difference between the two? It seems like I should be able to point it at the app and have the app figure that out itself rather than having to install the command line programs and then point it at that.

Either way, at least it works now.

Comment

Working...