Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Clipboard Access Gets Lost

Occasionally after working in BC4 for several hours, I will sometimes lose the ability to copy or paste to or from BC4. When this happens the only way I have found to get it working again is to restart the app. Again I wish I could give you steps to reproduce this but I have not noticed a pattern.

Default Correction

Correction. When this happens I can still copy *from* BC4 to other applications. I just can't paste into BC4 from other applications.

Hello,

Next time you run into it, would it be possible to get a full screen screenshot of the current view?

Which file format are you currently using? Did the session settings flip "Disable Editing" somehow?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

I will get you a screenshot the next time I run into it. Doesn't happen frequently though. Seems to happen after about 5+ hours of using it.

The file formats I work on the most often are php and css files.

I doubt "disable editing" would have gotten activated. I can still work with files, modifying and saving them. I am still able to copy and paste from and to BC4 *from* BC4, just not from other applications. It's as if BC4 is using it's own private clipboard instead of Mac OS's.

Thanks. We'll keep an eye out for this as well; let us know if/when it happens again.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

It happened again. Screenshot attached.

Hi Kevin,

Does it make any difference if you use copy & paste via menu or by keyboard shortcuts?

Can you get content from other applications when you use the "Open Clipboard" function of the text compare session (see Screenshot)?

Bye
    Christoph

Quote Originally Posted by chrroe View Post
    Does it make any difference if you use copy & paste via menu or by keyboard shortcuts?
    No, I tried that. No difference.

Quote Originally Posted by chrroe View Post
    Can you get content from other applications when you use the "Open Clipboard" function of the text compare session (see Screenshot)?
    I will try this the next time it happens and let you know. I was not aware of this feature. Thanks!

Happened again. When I tried the "open clipboard" function, the last string of text I can copied from BC4 was in there, not what was copied from my other application.

Am I the only one experiencing this issue? It's driving me crazy. I have to restart BC4 at least once a day to keep working in it due to this issue.