X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mscheuner
    Visitor
    • Apr 2010

Ignore empty folders

I'm using "Folder Compare" to do my backups to a local external hard disk and a cloud service.

I've nicely set up my file and folder exclusions and that all works nicely - except for two things, one of them being:

if I use the "Show Left Newer and Left Orphans" option (I have my source on the left, backup destination on the right), there are cases when I get folders that show up - but they don't show any files in them (since the files they might contain have been excluded by file filters).

Is there any way to tell BC3 to just ignore those "empty" folders? I haven't really found a way to do this (yet) - any insights?
  • RodolfoGiovanninetti
    Veteran
    • Oct 2007

Maybe You are using "Always Show Folders", the icon with a folder and a "*" over it?
    If this is the case, then You might try "Compare Files and Folder Structure", the icon with a folder and a "+" over it.

Regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

Comment

• RodolfoGiovanninetti
      Veteran
      • Oct 2007

Or, You might try "Only Compare Files", the icon with a folder and a "-" over it.

Regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

"Only Compare Files" will remove any empty folders (actually empty or empty due to filters) from view. They may need to be expanded to be scanned and removed (which can be set automatically, or use an Expand All/Collapse All command to trigger the visit).

The "Only Compare Files" option is in the Toolbar or in the View menu.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• mscheuner
          Visitor
          • Apr 2010

Hi Rodolfo, Aaron,

thanks for your pointers - that options works like a charm and does exactly what I was hoping for - great responses, both!

Cheers! And a Happy New Year 2014 to both of you.

Marc

Comment

Working...